ICCR General Scholarship Scheme - 2017
The Embassy of India in Madrid has the pleasure to inform that the Government of India under the aegis of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), within the framework of the General Scholarship Scheme, is offering five scholarships to Spanish nationals wishing to study [with the exception of Medicine, Dental, Paramedical (Nursing, Physiotherapy and Anesthesia courses) and Fashion Design]at graduate, post graduate or research levels in universities and educational institutions in India during the academic year 2017-2018.
The scholarships include enrolment and the course fees, besides a fixed amount of living expenses. The request must specify the course the candidate wishes to undergo, together with the university/ institute of his/her choice in India.
Applicants are requested to pay special attention to the following points (links to guidelines, instructions, information.etc are presented below):
- Please read the instruction before filling out the forms. Please also read the financial terms and conditions.
- The completed and signed application form which should be typed and not hand written along with other attachments must be e-mailed as a pdf document to the Embassy/ High Commission of India in your country. Six sets of hard copy of application along with 5 photographs should also be delivered to the Embassy of India.
- Please note that your application will be considered only after it is verified and recommended by the Embassy of India.
- Please note that your placement to a particular educational institution / University will depend on the availability of seats and the course that you are choosing .Therefore, before filling your three choices, you are advised to check the Institutions/Universities available for the discipline that you intend to study. You may like to see a list of Institutions/ Universities where ICCR scholars are studying at present.
- Please also note that once you accept admission to a particular discipline in a particular institution, subsequent changes either in the institution or discipline would not be possible.
- Please note that no admission and scholarship is offered for Medical courses.
- It is imperative that candidates have adequate knowledge of English and, to that end, must submit a copy of the course(s) passed in English language. A certificate of physical fitness from a registered doctor has to be submitted in the attached format.
Applications should be submitted latest by 20 January 2017 with soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and hard copies to:
Embassy of India,
Avenida Pío XII, 30-32,
Click the following links for:
- Application Form
- Instructions to Applicants
- Financial Terms and Conditions
- Website of the University Grants Commission
- List of Universities where ICCR scholars are studying
For any further queries, interested students should contact the Culture and Academics Section of the Embassy of India in Madrid by email to email@example.com.